Wednesday 7 August 2013

FASHION: Primark Haul

So, I went shopping over the course of this week and last week to buy some summer essentials. Also, I had a wardrobe clear-out which I do each season, so I felt that after throwing out some clothes (and giving them to charity) I could replace them! This meant I had the chance to shop, shop, shop!! I went literally everywhere: Topshop, H&M, M&S, New Look but mainly I bargain hunted in Primark because I was on a tight budget!

The first thing I bought were 2 vests. I love this one I got from Primark for around £3 as it's such a lovely shade of coral! It's so bright and can be worn with any jeans, shorts or skirts in my cupboard. I feel an instant lift in my mood as soon as I put this shirt on and I love the polka-dots as they always work with a vintage look!

I then couldn't resist buying the same in monochrome! It's so minnie mouse and goes with everything I wear because I love to wear black as it always looks classy.
I wore it with my new patterned leggings from H&M, which were the last ones on the rail I could find and under a tenner! BARGAIN! I love these leggings as they have a smooth feel to them like wet look leggings as they are made from a similar material. However, they don't look shiny or trashy like anything made from PVC.

I also teamed this shirt with a very cute polka-dotted skirt I bought from Topshop on sale for £15. I love the use of dots on dots as they really work well together and make a dress-like ensemble. The picture really doesn't do this skirt justice!! At a size 6 it fits perfectly, just dropping above the knees. The cut is amazing with a lovely pleat in the middle giving the skirt some shape.



Another bargain buy was this black lace crop top, which is see-through at the back. I bought it for under £5 and I love it because it can be worn with any high wasted skirt, like this floral one I bought from Camden market. I love how flexibly I can wear this as with sandals and a satchel it can be worn during the day. Add heels and a clutch bag and it can be worn at night.

Primark had a great array of sleeveless collared shirts on sale and I saw this floral one and just had to buy it. As previously mentioned most my wardrobe is monochrome themed and so this will go with everything I have; Jeans, skirts or black shorts. I also adore the daisies on the shirt as they give it a boho look, mixed with the light fabric, this shirt is perfect for the summer! So far I've already worn it shopping a few times and to dinner with my boyfriends family.



Finally, I was really in need of some new pyjamas/clothes I can lounge around the house in so I bought this lovely set from Primark for a fiver!! I love the rich berry-like colour, and shape of the vest. The buttons mean I can undo a few if i get too hot in the night which is great!! Also, I love the little short bottoms- the pattern reminds me of Jack Wills- as the little bow is so cute and also good to tighten them. I then bought these striped black and white pajama bottoms (which are like leggings) to go with the vest as a winter alternative. I love the monochrome stripes as they make me feel like I'm in a Tim Burton movie. The little violet bow which (luckily) matches the colour of the vest  is so cute and quirky!
I will definitely be wearing this to lounge in as much as possible!!

In summary, I found that in Primark the style and the quality of the clothes have vastly improved with much more fashionable buys. However, so has the price yet it is still much cheaper than your other high-street buys such as Topshop and Zara. So, if you have a budget, Primark is definitely still the place to go!

Love O
x











No comments:

Post a Comment