Tuesday 4 March 2014

BEAUTY: MUA lipstick shade 4 review

I recently added to my small superdrugs own brand MUA lipstick collection and bought a pale pink lipstick in shade 4. I really love it all in all as for £1 it's not only excellent value for money but I genuinely like the product. Unfortunately, after a week of having it I have lost it whilst shopping at Westfields! The lesson I have learnt is don't carry lipstick in your jeans pocket.

At first I was a bit disappointed because I thought it would be extremely pigmented and be a bubblegum pink colour. However, the colour is extremely sheer and more like a gloss so if you hate glosses then this isn't the product for you. Although, it was very light it was very smooth and creamy which meant it was so lovely to apply that I kept lathering it on! It's also a pretty light pink shade which I am loving.  

I quite like the packaging. It's very simple in black with silver writing which comes off after around a month. The bottom screws off which is also quite handy if you apply lipstick with a brush. One thing I don't like is that the colours don't have names so calling them by shades gets really really confusing!

The only real negative comment I have is that the colour isn't as long lasting as I'd hope so you need to top up every hour. But luckily for me I love re-applying lipstick, I'm not sure why but I find it really relaxing and therapeutic. 

I then compared it to my other MUA lipstick in shade 3 which I adore! As you can see shade 3 is so much more pigmented and a much richer colour. Both lipsticks have a purple undertone which is lovely for spring. Shade 4 works excellently with this springs pastel trend because it's such a soft, understated colour.These two shades could also take you from a day to an evening look if you were looking to invest in both shades which I would thoroughly recommend. 

For £1 ago I'd 100% reccomend you buy it and try it out!
Love O
x



No comments:

Post a Comment