Friday 8 May 2015

Clean Eating | Healthy French Toast Breakfast Recipe



I've been eating lots of eggs lately, as it's summer I haven't been eating as much meat as I've been having colder meals such as salads so my main source of protein has been my eggs in the morning. I love eggs as they are so versatile, easy to cook and so filling, not to mention tasty. I'm sure most of you know how to make french toast, but for those who don't it is so easy and so delicious I wanted to show you guys how to make it! No more excuses for skipping breakfast because it takes around 5 minutes!!


What You'll Need: (Serves 1)




2 Eggs
2 Slices of Bread
Olive Oil
Soft Goats Cheese- any will do but I particularly like The Cheese Emporium Fromage de Chevre
Rocket
Red Onion

Guide:
  • Crack your two eggs and beat them in a bowl until the look like a creamy bowl of yellow liquid, as shown below.



  • Soak your bread into the egg mixture for around a minute on each side.  The soggier the break, the better it will taste.
  • You then want to drizzle olive oil on a pan (shown below) over a medium flame.


  • Put each slice on the pan for around 2 minutes and then flip them over and let it cook for around 2 minutes on the other side. When it is ready it will become roughly the colour of omelette- yellow with brown bits.


  • You may notice I didn't use salt in the recipe, that is because goats cheese adds a salty flavour to the dish but is much healthier.You now want to spread the cheese on your bread and add your garnishes. I put a handful of rocket and red onions as the strong flavours wake you and your senses up when you are sleepy in the morning. They are also packed with a variety of vitamins.


  • Voila! Breakfast is served. So quick, so healthy but not compromising tastiness.

Let me know if you make this! I would love to see your version!

Love O


No comments:

Post a Comment